Removing the dust and dirt left after the renovation of your house is quite a daunting challenge. You may have efficient daily and weekly cleaning routines that go smoothly, but this is a different story. It’s likely you feel overwhelmed and don’t know where to start.
First, you should know you’re not an exception. Many people don’t know what the steps for after-construction cleaningare and if it is even possible to deal with post-construction mess quickly. That’s why they hire the best post-construction cleaning in Fishers, IN. You too can rely on us for successful post-construction cleaning. Also, why wouldn’t you read our tips for removing debris and dust? They really can save the day!
What do I need for post-construction cleaning?
For successful post-construction cleaning, you will need:
- Face masks
- Rubber gloves
- A vacuum (plus an extra filter or two)
- Cleaning cloths and soft towels
- A broom
- A mop
- A bucket
- Cleaner for your specific floor material
However, you should be aware of the fact that cleaning experts will arrive at your home carrying their professional equipment which enables them to quickly and spotlessly do the things you can’t with your limited cleaning supplies.
How do I clean my house after construction dust?
It is exactly interior construction dust that makes cleaning after remodeling so complicated, as it finds its way even through the narrowest openings. Try the following tips:
- Protect yourself first. Don’t neglect this precaution step, as construction dust can cause respiratory problems, especially if you are sensitive to allergens. A face mask will prevent inhaling this heavy dust. You can also opt for a pair of rubber gloves.
- Trap it, don’t spread it. This is the catch. Unless you trap the dust and remove it from the room, it will simply travel through air and land to a new location. Remember you’ll need more than one cleaning to fight it.
- Check on your air filters. Unscrew the filter and take it outside. Use the brush to remove caked-on dust and debris. When you remove the loose dirt, use warm, soapy water to clean the filter and let it air dry before reinstalling.
- Start from the top. Put an upholstery brush on the vacuum wand and start vacuuming from the ceiling. Work down towards the floor. You’ll need an extra filter or even two. It’s best to use HEPA filters because they trap fine particles that trigger allergies.
- Wipe all surfaces. Use a damp cloth and replace it when it’s dirty. Stick to the top-to-bottom logic again. To remove dust from walls put a damp towel on the broom and wipe gently. Don’t skip any countertop or shelf and clean them several times to completely remove all layers of dust.
- Pay attention to small items. Don’t forget to dust all ducts, grates, vents, blinds, ceiling fans, and lighting fixtures. Also, clean and disinfect all hardware such as hinges and handles. Use appropriate cleaning products for these parts.
Highly reliable post-construction cleaning in Fishers, IN
It’s no wonder so many people choose to hire professional cleaners when they are appropriately introduced to all sides of post-construction cleaning.
Join those who relied on our expert cleaners and had their home cleaned to perfection while they spent time doing something more entertaining, such as going to the Ruoff Music Center. Unfortunately, all concerts are called off due to the coronavirus outbreak, but you still deserve to be spared from dealing with all that dust. There’s an easy way out. Call us today!