Let’s say you haven’t cleaned your house in Fishers, Indiana recently, and neither have you hired any maid services. But then you start sneezing for no obvious reason. You become concerned about your health, until it finally dawns on you: your messy house could be suffocating you.
Although it’s still not late to hire experienced cleaners to do the job for you and give your home a thorough scrub, the dust and dirt in your home may have already caused lasting damage to your health. The thought is alarming in and of itself.
But are your fears justified? Is your neglected home an endless source of health hazards? Keep reading to find out!
Can a dirty house affect your health?
If you don’t clean your house regularly, it can jeopardize your health. Your house can host thousands of bacteria, viruses, dust mites, mold, pet dander, and pollen.
Let’s look at each room:
- Kitchen – It gets cluttered as you cook in a hurry every day. Greasy plates, messy countertops, un-sanitized refrigerators, and unwashed chopping boards can trigger cross-contamination from raw meats into other foods. You can easily contract food-borne diseases caused by E. coli, salmonella, or campylobacter. Remains of food and oil in your oven can be a serious fire hazard as they burn every time you turn it on. Finally, overflowing trash cans attract unwanted rodents and pests, which spread various diseases.
- Bedroom – Failing to change sheets regularly is perilous because your sheets absorb sweat, pollen, and makeup, which can cause painful skin irritations. Dusty carpets and curtains, and contaminated heating and cool ducts can reduce the air quality and cause a stuffy nose or a scratchy throat, and even lead to asthma and allergies.
- Living room – The situation is similar as in your bedroom. Uncared-for sofas, floor, and carpets abound with various bacteria and viruses. And there is your remote control. With a lot of nooks and crannies, it is a hotbed for contagious germs and viruses.
- Bathroom – Bathroom surfaces are susceptible to various bacteria, parasites, and mold. All because of excessive moisture. The most common symptoms of mold exposure include a sore throat, coughing, and headaches. Also, there are toxic cleaning products. They can contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can cause eye, nose, and throat irritations.
How do you keep your house clean?
Keeping your house clean isn’t just about spending a lot of time on deep cleaning. It is more about creating useful daily habits. Here are some clever tricks.
- Kitchen: Clean as you cook. For example, after you chop some meat, wash the chopping board immediately.
- Bedroom: Don’t throw around your clothes as you undress. Also, make your bed as soon as you get up, and open your windows to let in some fresh air. Wash your sheets once a week.
- Living room: If you accidentally make some mess – spill coffee on the coffee table, wipe it immediately so that you don’t have to deal with set-in stains later. Keep this room ventilated too.
- Bathroom: Rinse the shower after use. Make sure not to leave any toothpaste on the sink. You can quickly wipe up after you brush your teeth. To get rid of mold, ventilate a lot. Finally, try to avoid products with a high level of VOCs.
Finally, to keep your floors clean, avoid wearing your shoes. Instead, buy house slippers and wash them regularly. Also, attend to any mess as it occurs.
Who offers exceptional maid services in Fishers, Indiana?
If you need professionals to keep your house fresh and clean, C&C Cleaning experts can come to your rescue. We care about your opinion, and we are committed to catering to your needs. You will be able to have some quality time at Flat Fork Creek Park with your family while we treat your home with the utmost care and attention to detail.
We offer a 100% service satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied for any reason, let us know within the first 24 hours. Our skilled cleaners will re-clean the area in question free of charge. So, what are you waiting for? Schedule an appointment now!