Every mom knows how it feels to finally set aside some time to tidy up the house one day and have it become a complete mess the very next day. Yes, we know that maintaining a clean house with small kids may seem like an unattainable ideal, but it’s certainly not impossible.
Read on to discover some valuable tips and tricks for keeping your home nice and tidy even if your kids love making it difficult. If you still can’t manage to stay on top of chores after reading this article, don’t despair! Just reach out to the foremost maid service in Peru, IN and get your pristine home without wasting time and energy.
How do you keep your house clean with kids?
Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom or a working mom trying to keep a clean house, you must be in desperate need of a tried-and-true method to maintain an acceptable level of cleanliness in your home. If this sounds like you, here are some tips to help you get rid of the mess:
- Keep expectations in check: your definition of clean and tidy is bound to be different with kids in the picture. Don’t beat yourself up if the home isn’t always in tip-top shape and ready for visitors: your kids need to make a mess every once in a while!
- Establish rules and routine: teach your kids to keep their rooms clean by immediately putting away toys after they’ve finished using them. If they protest, take the toys away and make kids do a chore to earn them back.
- Have a place for everything: the only way to declutter your living room or any other room your kids use as a playground is to have a designated area for everything. Get some nice boxes or wooden baskets and label them for different types of toys to help the kids learn.
- Use safe cleaning products: using eco-friendly multi-purpose cleaners and keeping them in an easily accessible place will not only keep your family safe, but it will also produce excellent cleaning results and make it easier to get down to cleaning.
- Get your kids moving: song and dance can make even the dullest chores at least a little bit fun! Show your enthusiasm and encourage your kids to jump and sing while they clean.
How do you take care of toys?
Does your kid have too many toys? We’d be surprised if the answer wasn’t a resounding yes. No matter how many toys they have, children never seem to have enough. The sad thing is, most toddlers get bored with their toys way to quickly. When this happens, the toys either get damaged or thrown away in some corner.
Here’s how you can keep your kids’ toys in good shape and in their proper place:
- Teach your kid to take care of toys. There’s a number of different ways you could go about this. Either try to explain to your child that you’ve worked hard to get them the toy or take away any misplaced or damaged toys to teach them a lesson.
- Find a house for all toys. If you purchase pretty boxes or bins will colorful labels and tell your child that these are homes for their toys, they will be much more motivated to pick up after themselves and pack away all toys.
- Don’t encourage rough play. Sure, some toys will break and that’s okay. Still, that doesn’t mean you should let your kids handle them roughly. Instead, warn your kid that you’ll take their toys away if they aren’t gentle with them.
When should I teach my toddler to clean up?
Even the youngest toddlers can start learning to clean up after themselves. You can start teaching your kid to tidy up when they’re as young as 9 or 10 months, but you need to make sure you’re doing it right.
Your toddler loves watching you! Use this to your advantage and encourage your little one to model your behavior while you pick up their toys. Tell your toddler something like “It’s time to clean up the toys!” or anything along those lines as you tidy up. Repeat the process every day to make it into a routine.
Some helpful tips:
- Count the toys as you tidy up
- Sing a song
- Let them choose the toys
Exceptional maid service Peru, IN homeowners are proud of
Staying on top of household chores is hard enough even if you live alone. Add a husband, kids, and pets to the equation and watch the clutter pile up!
Luckily, you don’t have to take care of everything yourself! Let the seasoned cleaning go-getters at C&C Cleaning take your mind off of cleaning while you take your family to explore the Circus Hall of Fame and spend some quality time together. Reach out to us today!