Keeping the Living Room Clean, Tidy, and Organized
Whether it’s your kids and their toys or your partner with their magazines and misplaced clothes, the living room seems to be everyone’s favorite dumping ground. Even if you live alone, it can be difficult to keep everything in its right place. So, what’s the best way to keep the living room tidy?
Keeping the house clean every day is a struggle for most people. That’s why we’ve prepared a set of tips and tricks to help homeowners stay on top of chores and maintain a nice and clean living room that’s always ready for company.
If you don’t feel like spending your time and energy on cleaning every single day, we can help you! Let matchless house cleaning services in Peru, IN give you a spotless home while you take a well-deserved break!
How do I clean my lounge at home?
The key to a pristine living room is consistency: you need to do a little bit every day to make sure that the mess doesn’t get out of hand.
If you need a quick method for making your living room shine, here’s what you should do on a daily basis:
- Clean fingerprints and spots with a microfiber cloth
- Put away misplaced items (e.g. toys, magazines, clothes)
- Vacuum crumbs and dust bunnies
- Declutter the coffee table
- Straighten magazines and books
When you need a more thorough clean, do the following:
- Dust all surfaces
- Clean mirrors
- Use effective green agents
- Wash blankets and throws
- Vacuum the carpet
- Vacuum the furniture
How do I declutter my living room?
Cleaning the living room may be easy for a minimalist. For a vast majority of people, however, It’s not the vacuuming and dusting that are hard, it is getting rid of all the clutter that just seems to pile up no matter what you do.
Luckily, we know just how you can keep the clutter in check. Use these tips:
- Be smart about storage. Purchase bins or baskets that fit your living room decor. This way, the room will get a fresh new look and you’ll always know where everything goes.
- Throw away old magazines. Make an effort to sort through your magazines every once in a while and get rid of the ones you no longer need.
- Get rid of everything that’s unusable or broken. Sure, some items have sentimental value, but that doesn’t mean you should hold on to items that are broken or have no use.
- Keep trinkets to a minimum. Your living room isn’t a gallery: you don’t have to display everything you own. Keep the decor simple and stylish and store away items that don’t fit.
How can I organize my living room?
Need some tips for organizing your living room? If you don’t have a lot of space, it can be difficult to find a place for storing all of your possessions. That’s why you need creative solutions to make good use of your lounge area. Read on!
Buy nesting tables
Nesting coffee tables are a great solution if you have a small living room. Place a lamp or other decor on the topmost table and take out the shorter ones to serve coffee or tea whenever you have guests around.
Integrate hidden storage
Ottomans, sofas, coffee tables, and benches with hidden storage compartments make for a stylish and practical way to keep your living room clutter where it belongs. Find closed storage furniture that matches the style of your living room and keep everything organized easily.
Baskets, bins, and boxes
If you need a place for storing your magazines, blankets and kids’ toys, wicker baskets, crates or bins are the way to go. They can fit into a corner or under the coffee table and can do wonders for keeping your living room clutter in check.
Hire the leading house cleaning services in Peru, IN
If you have a family, you must know hard it can be to get some help making the living room shipshape when your children won’t even clean their rooms. Maintaining a tidy house is hard, keeping the house clean when you have kids is even harder.
Fortunately, C&C Cleaning is here to help! Forget about cleaning for once and unwind with your loved ones at the Seven Pillars Nature Preserve. Our expert cleaning pros will make sure you return to a squeaky clean home you’ve been dreaming of. Contact us today!