The kitchen is possibly the one room in your home that requires the most attention when it comes to keeping dangerous bacteria at bay. In order to prevent germs from spreading and protect the health of your family, you should know how to sanitize your kitchen effectively.
Chores can take up a lot of your time, even if you follow clear steps when cleaning your kitchen and do it as efficiently as possible. That is why hiring a dependable maid service in Fishers, IN is your best choice if you want to have a clean and healthy kitchen without wasting time and effort.
In the meantime, read on to learn how to disinfect your kitchen properly!
How do you sanitize a kitchen?
To avoid your kitchen becoming a breeding ground for bacteria and germs, you should know how to disinfect it properly. Keep your kitchen healthy and clean with the following disinfection tips:
- Use a paper towel with some water ad dish detergent to wipe the stovetop and counters. Rinse the surfaces with some clean water on a new paper towel and leave to dry.
- You can also mix water (1 gallon) and a tablespoon of bleach and use the mixture to spray the kitchen surfaces and eliminate most germs. Leave the surfaces to air dry.
- Make an effort to wipe all spills immediately as they happen, whether it’s in the fridge or on the worktops.
- Make sure to wash your cutting boards and any other kitchen utensils that get into contact with raw meat. Do it with some hot water and soap first and then again with the bleach solution.
- You can also use the bleach mixture to disinfect your floors.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands once you’re done!
How do you clean a dirty kitchen sink?
Did you know that the kitchen sink is possibly one of the dirtiest areas in your home? No matter how regularly you wash the dishes, you won’t be able to prevent germs from spreading if you don’t take some time to disinfect the sink properly.
Scrub the stains away
Remove any soap deposits and food stains using a sponge and a warm water/dishwashing liquid mixture. For a more comprehensive clean, use a nonabrasive cleaner or an all-purpose cleaning agent.
Disinfect with bleach
The most effective way to kill germs in your kitchen sink is to fill up the sink with warm water and add a bit of bleach. Let it sit for around five minutes and then drain the sink.
Get rid of lime spots with vinegar
Limescale stains can be stubborn. Pour some vinegar on a paper towel and wipe down the faucet and the inside of the sink to get rid of them efficiently.
Use baking soda to prevent clogging
Baking soda can be used for two purposes. You can use it to prevent staining and you can also use it to guard against clogging if you pour some of it into the drain along with a bit of warm water.
What is the best way to sanitize kitchen counters?
Food preparation areas are the perfect breeding ground for germs and bacteria. If you want to make sure your family stays healthy, you’ll need to keep your kitchen countertops as clean and germ-free as possible. Try the following tips:
- React to spills quickly. Don’t let any spills linger to prevent bacteria from spreading.
- Don’t forget the sponge. You can clean your sponge by microwaving it for around 2 minutes. If it’s too dirty, replace it.
- Keep the surfaces dry. Keeping the countertops dry will make it easier for microbes to spread, so you should wipe them regularly with a clean cloth.
- Use green cleaning products. Help protect the planet by using vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, or any of the eco-friendly products on the market to disinfect your counters.
Exceptional maid service Fishers, IN is proud of
Keeping your kitchen clean and germ-free is a must if you want to protect the health of your family. However, staying on top of chores isn’t always easy, especially if you live a busy life and your family won’t pitch in on top of all that.
Why not reach out to C&C Cleaning? With your chores in the hands of seasoned cleanliness experts, you’ll even have the time to relax for a bit or go boating at Geist Reservoir. Give us a call and get your spotless home today!