There’s a reason why tiles are such a popular choice. They look good, are available in a wide range of styles and colors, and are quite easy to clean. Still, you should know how to keep tiles spotless if you want to maintain their luster.
Keeping tile surfaces clean and shiny is just one of the tasks you have to take care of in your home. With all the scrubbing, dusting, and keeping your carpets clean, you probably don’t have enough time to focus on things you actually enjoy. The leading pros for house cleaning in Fishers, IN can help! With your chores in the hands of seasoned cleanliness experts, you’ll be free to enjoy your life and focus on what truly matters in your life.
How do you maintain tiles?
While it’s true that tiles are one of the easiest surfaces to clean, that doesn’t mean that they require no maintenance whatsoever. Read on to learn how to maintain tile floors, countertops, and bathrooms and keep them in perfect shape.
Cleaning tile countertops
Clean tile countertops and other similar surfaces every day with a PH-neutral cleaner. Be on the lookout for stains and spills and deal with them promptly. If you’re dealing with heavier stains, an alkaline cleaning agent intended for porcelain and ceramic tile will do the trick.
Cleaning bathroom tiles
Similarly, you should use PH-balanced cleaning products to maintain your bathroom tiles. You can also try mixing equal amounts of vinegar and water to scrub the tiles and get rid of dirt and grime easily.
Cleaning tile floors
If you want to make sure your tile floors look sleek and shiny every day, dust and vacuum at least once a week. For high-traffic areas and entrances, placing rugs and mats is a great way to reduce dust and dirt. For optimal cleanliness, damp mop the tiles every other week.
How do you keep white tiles clean?
White tiles are an elegant and durable flooring solution that looks good in almost any setting. But how do you keep white tiles white? Here are some tips:
- Vacuum regularly. In order to avoid debris build-up and prevent the tiles becoming dull, vacuum the floors at least once a week.
- Deal with stains promptly. Clean up stains and spills as they happen to prevent discoloration using appropriate eco-friendly cleaners.
- Use the right mop. Avoid using sponge mops for your tile floors. Instead, use a rag mop with water and mild detergent to wipe them down.
- Dry off the tiles. Leaving your tiles to air dry can cause water spots to form. Make sure to dry the surface off with a clean cloth after damp mopping.
How do I make my tile shine?
If you don’t want to use wax to make your tile floors shine, there are several effective methods you can use to make your tiles sparkle. Here are some of them:
- Water and soap – mopping the floors with a simple mix of soap and water can go a long way. Just make sure to change the water when it gets too dirty and dry off the tiles after the mopping.
- Water and ammonia – add ¼ cup of ammonia to a gallon of water and mop the tiles with the solution. Ammonia will disinfect the tiles and remove yellow discolorations effectively. Just make sure to rinse with clean water and remove residue with a cloth.
- Vinegar – mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a bucket and use a mop to clean the floors to disinfect and polish your tile floors. Just make sure to stir the mixture since undiluted vinegar may damage the grout.
- Baking soda – make a baking soda paste to remove heavier stains from your tiles. Do it by mixing 1 part warm water with 1 part baking soda and use a soft toothbrush to scrub the tiles and grout. Let sit for around 10 minutes, rinse, and you’re done!
Book top-tier house cleaning Fishers, IN adores
Keeping tiles clean and shiny may not be the hardest task there is, but it still requires a significant amount of time and effort on your part. But why do it yourself?
Reach out to C&C Cleaning and leave your chores to seasoned hygiene experts who will make sure your home looks impeccable every day while you enjoy your well-deserved free time. What’s more, you’ll finally have the time to go boating with your family at Geist Reservoir.
Give us a call and enjoy your spotless home!