Clean and fresh-smelling carpets can do wonders for improving the overall appearance of your home. Still, however hard you may try to prevent spills and dirt build-up, your carpets are bound toget dirty. To help you, we’ve prepared a comprehensive guide for maintaining clean carpets. Read on!
If you need help keeping your home clean and tidy, we have the solution! Hire the leading house cleaning service in Fishers, IN and leave your cleaning to the pros. They’ll clean your home to perfection with unequaled skill and answer any cleaning-related questions you may have, such as how to maintain clean tiles or how to sanitize the kitchen. Don’t hesitate to depend on them!
How do I keep my carpet looking new?
Carpets get dirty, there’s no avoiding it. Still, the following tips will make it much easier to maintain the original freshness and cleanliness of your carpets:
- Don’t wear shoes indoors. If your family wears shoes in the house, your new carpets are likely to get worn down and dirty at a much faster pace.
- Clean with baking soda. Sprinkling a little bit of baking soda on your carpets before vacuuming is a great way to make your carpets smell fresh.
- Vacuum regularly. We recommend vacuuming your carpets two or three times a week if you want to achieve optimal freshness.
- Don’t forget the filters. Even if you’re using a high-quality HEPA vacuum, you will have to replace the bag or filter regularly to ensure top performance.
How do you keep high traffic carpet areas clean?
Families with kids, pets, and frequently visiting friends need to put in some extra effort into maintaining their carpets. Keep reading to learn how to protect your carpet in high-traffic areas.
Use a doormat
If your family and friends tend to enter the house with their shoes on, your best option is to keep a doormat. This way, you will reduce the amount of debris and dust entering your home and make it easier to keep your carpets clean.
Deal with stains immediately
Spills and stains on your carpets are inevitable, especially if you have young kids and pets. Luckily, if you manage to tackle any spills the moment they happen using appropriate cleaning agents, you’ll be able to keep your carpets spotless for longer.
Get a rug
Rugs are a fantastic way to protect and preserve your carpets. Purchase a rug that fits your home’s interior and place it in a high-traffic area. This way, your carpet will be fresh and clean for much longer.
How do I deep clean my carpet?
Every once in a while, your carpets will need a more comprehensive clean. If you don’t own a steam cleaner, try the following tips for deep cleaning your carpet:
- Remove loose dirt with a brush. Before you attempt to clean the carpet, loosen up dust and debris on your carpets with a carpet brush and vacuum the area.
- Use vinegar. Fill a bucket with ¼ cup of white vinegar and warm water. Use a scrub brush to rub the mixture in and then scrub the carpet with a clean rag and warm water.
- Use baking soda. Get rid of bad odors by sprinkling some baking soda on your carpets, focusing on stains if there are any. Spray some hot water on top and let sit for 3 hours. Vacuum once dry.
- Hire a deep cleaning service. If you don’t have the time necessary to clean your carpets properly, your best option is to rely on experienced cleaners and take a well-deserved break.
Book premier house cleaning service Fishers, IN relies on
Maintaining a spotless home takes a lot of time and effort. If you live a busy life, you’re most likely overwhelmed with all the chores and other obligations you have on your plate.
Don’t you wish you could sit back and relax without worrying about the mess in your home? With C&C Cleaning, that’s doesn’t have to be wishful thinking! Leave your household chores to skilled cleanliness experts and take a relaxing stroll at Fort Harrison. Get your pristine home today!