How to Deep Clean Your Home: Tips & Tricks
Can’t look at the mess in your home a minute longer? We’ve all been there. Luckily, there is a solution: you just have to learn how to deep clean your house quickly and efficiently.
When the dirt and dust get out of hand, you can either commit to a full spring clean or hire professional house cleaning in Logansport, IN. Either way, the result should be a home that is fresh, tidy and perfectly clean. To ensure this outcome, read on to find out about the most important tips and tricks for effective deep cleaning.
How often should I deep clean my house?
Before we tell you how often you should deep clean your home, we need to get another question out of the way: what is deep cleaning exactly?
While most people don’t have trouble keeping on top of the general housekeeping chores, they tend to avoid more cumbersome tasks, such as window cleaning or cleaning behind the appliances. It is precisely these time-consuming and detail-oriented chores that make up a standard deep cleaning session.
So, how often should you commit to deep cleaning? Well, it depends on the chore. While certain cleaning tasks, such as cleaning the inside of your microwave, should be done once a week, the timing of other deep cleaning tasks is usually more flexible: you’ll be fine if you clean your fridge and oven every three to six months.
In general, professional cleaners recommend deep cleaning your home every six months or once a year. Deep cleaning is also a good idea if you’re moving, planning a special event or if you have particularly demanding or important guests coming over.
How to start deep cleaning your house
Deep cleaning your entire house can seem like a daunting task. Luckily, if you learn how to go about it efficiently, you don’t have to get too overwhelmed. To avoid losing yourself in the mess, you need to know where to start.
Declutter a little bit
Before you start scrubbing and dusting, you should make sure you don’t get distracted by clutter. That’s why it’s a good idea to get any unnecessary items out of the way to make deep cleaning easier. Just try to avoid getting caught up in organizing all of your things instead of actually cleaning.
Follow a plan
You’ll get the best results if you decide on the tasks you will tackle beforehand. By devising a deep cleaning plan, you’ll be less likely to forget certain areas and you’ll find it easier to stay on track from start to finish. If you plan to stretch out your deep cleaning session over a couple of days, it’s probably best to draw up a schedule and follow it through.
What is the fastest way to deep clean a house?
If you’ve followed our initial steps, you should be ready to get down to actually cleaning your home. In case you’re pressed for time and need to deep clean your home in one day, here are some useful tips:
- Gather your supplies: to avoid running around trying to find cleaning products, gather everything you think you’ll need in one place before you start.
- Use appropriate products: using ISSA approved toxin-free products will not only give you excellent results but will also protect your and your family’s health.
- Clean top to bottom: to avoid dust falling on already cleaned surfaces, start by cleaning the areas that are above eye-level first.
- Rotate rooms: to avoid getting overwhelmed, switch rooms after you’re done with one aspect: after cleaning the light fixtures in the living room, run to the bedroom and do the same there.
- Plan your meals in advance: to ensure the process runs smoothly, it’s a good idea to decide what you’ll eat before you start cleaning
- Start the laundry: gather any dirty clothes and linen and put throw them in the washer while you clean.
- Make short breaks: while it might seem counterproductive, relaxing for 5-10 minutes after an exhausting chore will ensure you don’t run out of energy before finishing up.
Hire the superb house cleaning company Logansport is proud of
While anyone can get down to business and deep clean their home every once in a while, many people don’t feel like spending an entire day or even several days getting their hands dirty. Luckily, they don’t have to!
Hire C&C Cleaning Services and leave the deep grime to the professionals while you take your family to France Park for a fun time outdoors. Book us today and forget about the mess!